Saturday, February 17, 2018

Day 36: Valentine's Day in Vietnam!

Location: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Date: February 14, 2013

On Valentine's Day it only seemed right that we treat ourselves. Alexa, Kyle, Lauren, Sawyer and I found a place to get a manicure, pedicure, and massage while in Vietnam. We wanted to compare getting our nails done in Vietnam to getting them done in the United States commonly by Vietnamese people. For one thing, it is far cheaper to treat yourself in Vietnam. Otherwise they both do a great job. 

Here are some pictures of the Ben Thanh market that we frequented every day in Vietnam. I'm not even sure that we visited every little stand. When I say hot, humid, hot, crowded, and hot. I mean it.



It really is bigger than it looks.

See what I mean when I say it was crowded.

I can just feel the sweat dripping down my face looking at these pictures. 

We all got dressed up and ate at a "fancy" hotel restaurant for dinner. 


After dinner, we adventured out for our night out in Vietnam. At some point during the day, I made contact back to the States with Mickey!

1 comment:

  1. Locals are wearing pants and long sleeves in that hot weather

    ReplyDelete