Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 23: Drug Test, Anyone?


Location: Back at Sea...Headed to Shanghai

It's already February? 

I slept like a rock last night after all the miles we tread and sightseeing in Japan. I got up for breakfast (just so that I could get my pastries…seriously, two can play this game!) and then went right back to bed. I got up just in time to go to class.

Shortly after sitting down for lunch with Kyle and Sawyer, there was an announcement made over the intercom. The Assistant Executive Dean was listing names of people who needed to report to Tymintz Square. There were only six names called of the 700+ guests on board. I was one of them. Coincidentally,  so was Sawyer. We were chosen "randomly" to be drug tested. I believe they do this after each port. If you are caught with drugs in your system you will get points against your name and potentially kicked off the ship. If you refuse to be drug tested, you are also kicked off the ship.

I returned to my room to watch a movie for one of my classes. Well as anyone could have expected, that turned into a nap. Luckily I set an alarm clock so that I could make it to my next class on time.

After dinner, my Sea had a meeting. We discussed the upcoming Sea Olympics as well as activities that we wanted to do. The residential director responsible for my Sea also said that Burma and Morocco are still up in the air. If ANYTHING goes on in those countries before we get there we may not go to those countries and alternatively go elsewhere.

I also attended the Alumni meeting which is intended for those who want to help plan events on the ship including The Ambassador’s Ball at the end of the semester, and the auction. We planned the spirit week on the ship and are going to meet at another time in a few weeks.

After all those meetings, I went back to Shelley and Lauren's room. We continued with story time from the day before, Shelley taught us some Chinese (she took Chinese last semester), painted our nails (the boys that were in the room learning Chinese were horrified by the smell), and watched Game of Thrones.

1 comment: