Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 16: Pistachio Ice Cream!


We gained another hour of sleep last night. We are officially in Japan time (+16 hours ahead of Mountain time). I don't know what the heck I would do if we were going the other direction, especially because it is getting harder to sleep through the rough seas. I heard that a few days ago the ship was going with the waves so it was really quite smooth. Now we are going against the waves, making it quite rough on the ship. 
Eating the earlier breakfast is going to quickly become a routine. Those muffins are just too good not to pass up. So much for the girlie figure! 
I studied for my Nutrition "quiz". An evaluation that is 50 multiple choice questions and worth 20% of my grade I consider more of an exam, midterm, or test, but that's just me!  Sara, my roommate, and her friend Derek joined me. 
The Japanese government requires everyone who plans on getting off the ship to get their temperature checked. We had to go up to the faculty lounge to have the nurse take our temperature and report it to the doctor. I'm not sure why this is necessary, but I will update you if I hear what they are trying to avoid. I got that chore done on the way to my Nutrition "quiz". 
My Digital Media class spent today bringing us up to speed on the Japan. Mainly we learned about the Anime and Manga culture in Japan. I will be going on a field lab with my Digital Media class to Tokyo to see what is trending in the Japanese culture. I'm pretty excited about this field lab!
After class, I thought a very deserved study break was in store. What's better than watching Cars 2?? Yep, not much. Especially since Mater and Lightening McQueen go to Tokyo in Cars 2. Mater quickly learns about "pistachio ice cream." That is probably my favorite part of the movie! It's a great way to learn about the Japanese culture right? I thought so too. Many of these Disney movies that we are able to watch are for my Diverse Cultures in Mass Communication class.  
After dinner tonight, my Organizational Behavior professor was having a study session to prepare for the upcoming midterm. She was very, very helpful in providing us with key tips to help us prepare for the exam. With that being said, much of the night was devoted to studying for this exam. On the bright side, I won't need to worry about this class while I'm strolling through Japan. And, oh...how I long for LAND.  
My blog will be silent for a couple days when I lose access to the internet while we are in Japan. We debark in Yokohama on Sunday and will meet the ship in Kobe later in the week. 

2 comments:

  1. "Wasabi" "Nothin much what's up with you?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha love the movie!! And we were just talking about it over winter break.

      Delete