Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 1: Is This Really Happening?!

Location: San Diego

Today, was the beginning of my journey! My mom and I flew from Denver to San Diego this morning. After many days of packing ... and repacking, we arrived at the airport only to learn that my duffel bags were over the airlines' weight limit. Quick thinking allowed us to pull out all the heavy items and stuff in a 3rd duffel that I had packed for all my souvenirs.  Since my mom was flying with me, we had the flexibility to bring an additional bag. After arriving in San Diego, I was really craving a burger and we found an In-N-Out Burger. YUM! We checked in at the hotel, received my luggage tags, and repacked my duffel bags to accommodate the ships standards.





The beach is a must stop in San Diego for us! Del Mar Beach, Del Mar, CA



And a pretty sunset picture! We enjoyed dinner at Poseidon, beach side. Literally, sitting on the beach watching the surfers surf and the locals walk.


8 comments:

  1. Good luck! Be safe! Have fun! And most importantly just take it all in and learn all you can. What an amazing opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin! I'm having a lot of fun. Hope you guys are doing well!

      Delete
  2. This is a once in lifetime opportunity, enjoy all you can.
    can't wait to see you in Shanghai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lot of fun in Shanghai! Thanks for coming to see me!!

      Delete
  3. Loving it already :)

    ReplyDelete